Welcome to my world

"My words are my life,

The windows to my very soul,

A book for others to read"

Search This Blog

Thursday, December 8, 2011

WELCOME HOME (Inspired by ‘Welcome Home by Michael W. Smith)

The below poem was inspired recently when I was listening to a song by Michael W. Smith, titled 'Welcome Home' from the Album 'Wonder'. Anyone who has lost a person dear to him would understand this poem without having to read for a second time..... Read and enjoy

Farewells are the saddest,
Goodbyes are the hardest,
But now that you are gone,
I am left with no choice, than to
Say the one statement I forever long to avoid.

On my knees I go,
Unable to stop the tears that splatter from my eyes
And the pains in my heart
As life slips from your cancer ravaged body,
Leaving you cold in my arms;
Relieving you of the illness
That plagued you
And caused you so much hurt and pain.

Happy am I for your relief,
Disheartened am I for your exit,
For a part of me has left with you.
Your laughter will I miss,
Your prayers will I pine for once again, to
Wake me to the yawns of dawn.
Your hugs will I now feel only in my dreams.

My heart is heavy,
My soul is distressed,
But joy do I take in the knowledge
That when the morn is come
I shall once again
Be reconciled with you,
In the arms of the Almighty;
Where neither cancer nor its vices
Will hold us apart.

As I, through my tears, whisper ‘Farewell’,
I can hear sounds as heavens open
And the angels gather round to usher you in with a
Lovely and thundering echo, saying;
‘This is where you belong – Welcome Home’

1 comment:

  1. This is a very great one. Touching as well.
    Was this a personal experience? I'll really love to know more

    ReplyDelete